Learn about electronics from A to Z, PC, Mobile, Tablet ....

Tuesday 5 February 2019

My experience with fake samsung galaxy S9+

Image result for samsung galaxy s9+ fake 



I recently reached to a website which had great deals and by great, I mean so good to be true. The whole galaxy s9+ with original box, new and accessories just for 90$ . Website link

 When I got the package the delivery company was a third party company, so you couldn't complain about the device, because they are not responsible.
The box is nearly identical as the original box, with seal and everything.


in the box we get:
  • fake AKG headphones.
  • fake charger and cable.
  • a silicone case.
  •  sim card pin.
  • The phone itself.

Headphones:

 As I said they where a fake AKG headphones that where manufactured in Vietnam, the sound quality was very poor compared to the original ones but I must admit, it is hard to differentiate between them if you haven't tried both.Volume down button was broken, only Play/Pause, volume up buttons worked.

Charger:

You start to see the difference here, there is no fast charge logo, the phone takes ages to charge and the USB-C cable is like a rubber. has no solid feeling near the port. bends easily.

Sim Card pin:

It was very garbage, I wasn't sure if it was metal even, there were plastic chunks covering all around it like a piece of dust, and it got bent with a tiny force.

The phone itself:

I installed CPU-z application which gave me all the information I needed. Here are the real specs.
  • MediaTEK SoC, MT6580, a low performance processor which Is even worse than the budget line of HTC products. like the desire series.
  • 2 GB of RAM, most of it is taken up by the OS, so you are only left with 900 MB of RAM.
  • 8 gigabytes of storage.
  •  Android lollipop (5)
  • A very dim TN panel screen which is a very bad choice. I had an HTC desire device (which costs 10$ more and has IPS screen)
  • USB-C with no support for OTG, obviously they just added an adapter over the micro-USB
  • Headphone jack.
  • Plastic body, just ionized aluminum over it.
  •  Fingerprint button. it is essentially a button unlocks with every finger and conductive materials.
  • No Heart rate and other sensors, only the fundamental ones.
  • Camera is very noisy, the dual camera setup is fake, The pictures are barely usable. I'll upload samples later on.
  • Battery is OK, it holds up well but expect it to jump from 50% to 10%. It has a percentage error involved in the software.
  • The IMEI number was not registered, so it is going to be easy to get blacklisted by ISP's.
  •  

Software:

The mobile runs a cloned touchwiz which is very buggy, the launcher crashes regularly but I got it fixed with a new launcher.
The developer settings is unlocked out of the box and there aren't much of a custom ROM's for this fake device.

Conclusion: 

I do not recommend this device, I got it out with myself to show it to friends and see if they would know that this is a fake device, most of them did notice it in a first glance, so it is not a good device for look as well, it has random texts like Copyrights and other random License codes on the back.
The phones processor makes it unusable as a daily driver, it lags between pages and took 3 seconds just to open Settings app.
I wouldn't know why would anyone purchase this phone if you want a budget device my recommendations would be Xiaomi, HTC and Huawei. You get a decent customer support along with a better specs for the same price.

This is the customer support I got upon the errors. The guy blocked me totally and never answered back.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

How do you rate my content?